Re: kallitype problem

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 07/26/03-09:35:03 AM Z

Arie,

Another consideration is how many times you have used the developer.
Some people have claimed that kallitype developers just get better
with time but in my experience this is not true. Unlike Pt/Pd, where
the developer can be used over and over with no change in printing
quality, you must replenish kallitype developer on a regular basis.
If you just keep reusing it your prints will become increasingly
difficult to clear, and at some point there will be no way at all to
clear. It has been some time since I used sodium acetate but my
recollection is that it has somewhat less capacity than sodium
citrate.

I generally replenish at the rate of about 100ml of fresh solution
for about every 200 square inches of paper developed, or whenever
prints start to take a long time to clear.

Sandy