Re: Now for something completely different (from gum)

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 07/28/03-03:45:05 PM Z

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Darryl Baird wrote:>
> Any thoughts? How can I harden the gum or improve its "grip" on the
> glass surface? Could I lightly spray the image with water to removed
> unexposed cyano? The image looked really good according to janet... I
> was out getting some mulch wouldn't you know it.

Darryl, Galina Manikova does gorgeous cyanotypes on glass, but as I recall
uses gelatine to sub.

But check Post-Factory #5. At the end of her article (Galina Manikova:
Nordic-Russian Goddess) there's a tech section, one part on "Photographs
on glass or ceramics," another on "Cyanotype on ceramic." I have one of
her VDB's on glass, which has been in or near a window for several years &
is still perfect (except for the soft metal in the frame, which is
wilting)...

Judy