Lantern slide HIGH LIGHTS

From: Yu rei (nanocrystals2003@yahoo.co.jp)
Date: 07/31/03-03:18:22 AM Z

Hi.

Does anybody have any information on a popular, good,
"trade standard" lantern emulsion? I an trying to put a
manufacturers name name and a lantern slide emulsion
together: Seems they were already extinct by the time I
was born.

Did Kodak and Agfa both make lantern slide emulsions? what
were their names? Anyone use any of these products? Does
anyone have any data sheets or other technical information
concerning lantern slide emulsions?

I have prepared an experimental transparency emulsion, but
the highlights are slightly veiled. I can bring it under
control, but would like to have a specfic range to aim
for. (So I will know it when I get there.)

Actually, so far I am just looking at the density on
paper, I beleive that the density is doubled in paper
prints... is this correct? for both the highlights and the
shadows... if so, it may not be such a problem once I get
to the emulsion on glass. (They are waiting to be exposed
and developed right now)

Anyway, the problem is I need to know more about what is
typical for this kind of emulsion.

Does any one have D-MIN and D-Max data for any (good)
lantern slides?

Ray