Francis Frith vintage prints?

From: Alan Bucknam (alan@notchcode.com)
Date: 06/06/03-10:40:47 PM Z

A slightly alt-photo process-related question....thought this was the
audience that might have an answer, anyhow:

A few years ago my wife bought a Frith reference print for me, online
from the old Francis Frith company....a nice, near-excellent condition
gold-toned printing-out paper (as far as I can tell) print--used,
according to the description that accompanied the print, as a reference
for Frith printers when making copies for sale. I was trying to track
the shop down again so I could buy another vintage print for a friend
of mine, and it seems they are only selling "remastered" new prints
(made from the scanned original negs).

Anyone know if the Frith company is still selling their old inventory
of vintage prints, perhaps in a more "out-of-the-way" virtual location
than their mass-produced shop? The old prints are quite nice, and in
remarkably good shape, considering how much they must have been handled
by the company's printers throughout the years.

-Alan Bucknam