RE: a newbie's first post: gum, temperaprint, oil printing, sizing, and computer negatives

From: Keith Gerling (keithgerling@att.net)
Date: 06/14/03-10:08:52 AM Z

On Fri, 13 Jun 2003, Judy wrote:
> There's
>also the fact that we don't know what the hell Demachy was using for gum.
>He probably mixed it himself, it may have been sour, which changes its
>behavior

How does being sour change its behavior? I recently purchased a gallon of
100% pure gum. 14 baume. It was crystal clear when I opened it last week,
but now its turning yellow and I suspect its beginning to "sour". Still
working fine now, but what should I expect?

Keith

     website: http://www.gumphoto.com