Re: a newbie's first post: gum, temperaprint, oil printing,sizing,and computer negatives

From: Jack Brubaker (jack@jackbrubaker.com)
Date: 06/16/03-01:19:06 PM Z

 "Christina Z. Anderson" wrote
 I only worried about it being dry enough to not wreck the neg,
> but with diginegs it probably wouldn't be the end of the world to wreck a
> neg that costs 40 cents.

Chris,

Working in southern Indiana I have some great humidity to deal with. The
concrete slab of the room I work in (with outside door hanging open to the
woods outside) being cooler than the air condences water and gets swampy in
the summer. I hang my gumed paper to dry in the adjoining utility room where
the furnace and waterheater are located. In summer the waterheater (gas)
drys that area enough that paper is ready almost as fast as I can organize
the negs. etc. for printing.

Jack