Re: resinotype

From: Richard Urmonas (rurmonas@senet.com.au)
Date: 06/20/03-04:43:21 PM Z

On 2003.06.21 05:49 Alberto Novo wrote:
> > An exhaustive article (ten pages) by Werther Zambianchi on
> resinopigmentype
> > on the italian magazine "ALMANACCO Fotografare" Summer 1997.
>
> Sure, also in "Antiche Tecniche", Collana "Manuali di fotografia", Ed.
> Progresso, Milano 1994,, pp. 70-73, but two of the reasons why this
> process had never spreaded so much out of Italy had been:
> 1) the secreted formulas, patented by R. Namias and never published,
> 2) the lack of translation from Italian of the abovementioned
> articles.

The Resinopigmentype process is described in Clerc. My
1954 English translation (Third Edition) has it in the
section on "Dusting-on Processes".

It is also mentioned in Neblette under Powder Processes, but
here they use commercial materials supplied by Namias.

Richard

---
Richard Urmonas
rurmonas@senet.com.au
A more detailed description (including Formulae)
is found in