SELECTIVE ENFORCEMENT was political off topic

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 06/25/03-05:43:06 AM Z

DEAR LIST,
    I find this thread very interesting...just as interesting as the thread
I started about three months ago questioning how different great societies
that have made great cultural contributions could also indulge in horrific
genocide.
    I was roundly trounced for indulging in an "off topic political
discussion" and told that this list was no place for that sort of thing.
O.K., I accepted that and ceased and desisted. However, here we are again
and no one has objected to this thread about Jefferson which goes as far as
to discuss his sexual practices...but no one has suggested that this was
inappropriate for this list!!! This is called selective enforcement and is
forbidden by the Constitution of the U.S. which also states that no law or
contract (such as the conditions of this list which are, in effect, a
contract) may exist in contravention of the Constitution...which, as you
know, Jefferson mostly authored! This means that if the rules of this list
are applied non-uniformly, they are unconstitutional.
    Now, I enjoy a political discussion but just want to know...can we have
these discussions on this list or can we not?!?!? If we can, then I don't
ever want to hear some list minder scold me again. If we cannot, then this
rule should be applied uniformly and fairly to ANYONE who makes political
statements on this list.
    I await a response from Gordon and feel certain that others will want to
contribute.
                    CHEERS!
                            BOB