Sodium carbonate "Washing soda"

From: Yu rei (nanocrystals2003@yahoo.co.jp)
Date: 06/30/03-12:01:49 AM Z

Does anyone have a box of Arm & Hammer's "Washing Soda"?

I am trying to find out if it contains the anhydrous (zero
H2O), the monohydrate (1 H2O) or the decahydrate (10 H2O)
form of sodium carbonate.

Along the same lines, Does anyone know, if for the purpose
of washing and cleaning glass, if they are
interchangable... (I imagine they are, but can find only
the decahydrate mentioned in descriptions of washing
soda.)

Does anyone know their comparative solubility? Or why only
the decahydrate form is referred to as 'washing soda'?

Ray