Re: Re: Camera Magazine

mak@teleport.com
Date: 06/27/03-08:55:53 PM Z

If someone is looking for such things I have perhaps 50 to 100 old camera magazines from 1899-1912 or so...mak@teleport.com

> Hi Chris,

I don't recognize your citation below, but I have April, May & June 1935
Issues of THE CAMERA (tho I lack July, August & September, 1935,
containing parts 4, 5 & 6, which I gather you have). (Note "The" in the
title.)

There is, incidentally, what seems like a VERY similar if not identical
series by Anderson in the old American Photography of 1913 and 1914.

That is, the February 1914 American Photography, which is the only one I
have of that period, has the two final chapters (parts 10 & 11). I assume
therefore that Sept. '13 through Dec. '13 and Jan '14 American Photography
had parts one through 9, though occasionally there would be THREE parts to
an issue.

It seems that Anderson recycled his material more than 20 years later --
as he apparently did with his books. As I recall you got his "Pictorial
Photography" published in 1917, apparently similar if not identical to the
one I have from about 1939.

I had these figures on hand because I have been preparing to go to the NY
Public Library to find and copy the missing chapters of both series -- but
aside from the vicissitudes around here which have kept me tied to baser
pursuits -- I'm waiting til I get my digital camera. Assuming the library
produces the bound volumes, rather than microfiche, it's MUCH easier (I am
sure) to just copy the pages with the little camera than go through the
paperwork and lines to get photocopies of those old volumes (a lot of
signing in & out & waiting)... tho obviously better than the early days
when there was no option except a regular camera or longhand.

Meanwhile, "Camera" was a Swiss magazine beginning in the 1970s (as I
recall) -- Not sure how it figures here... ?????

In any event I'll send you whatever I have that interests you... Can I ask
for the three last 1935 chapters in return?

Judy