Re: Bite Your Tounge etc.� and straight line learning curve

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 06/30/03-04:49:25 PM Z

Judy,

see my earlier reference on this thread.... and how doing nude photography in
the desert or in the winter can be dangerous... hehehehe

Seriously, look up Adobe's Raw Plug-in and along with the sales song and
dance you'll get a good explaination of "RAW".... the unadulterated raw file your
camera captures—at least some cameras. This file can be imported into
Photoshop as 16 bit color and the file also contains all your camera settings when
you shot it. Thus you can "post process" the image and either accept your
camera settings or modify them as you wish. It's quite nifty. Not all cameras
are created equal or have the capability to generate RAW files. Photoshop RAW
Plugin has the various "RAW formats" that each camera uses built into it so
it can read the different files... I assume it can be updated as new cameras
are added to Adobe's list. Nikon calls these RAW files NEF files and even lets
you interpolate them up instead of down so you have a quasi 11 megapixel
file. The information that is included in the file about all your camera
settings, including zoom information is called EXIF information.

Hope this is helpful.

Mark Nelson