Re: fogging on negatives

From: Sandy King (sanking@clemson.edu)
Date: 03/01/03-06:16:44 PM Z

Shannon,

The light baffle is usually a piece of spring brass bent into the
shape of a sharp V, and covered with tape or felt. It lies in a
groove that runs across the length of the holder, usually about 1/2"
to 1" wide, near the point where you insert the dark slide. When the
dark slide is inserted the baffle is pushed down, but when the dark
slide it removed it springs up, and thus prevents light from shining
through in the area formerly occupied by the width of the dark slide.

Sandy