Re: New York

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/02/03-11:43:30 PM Z

Hi Carole,

John Dugdale has got lovely albumen prints in wonderful frames at John
Stevenson gallery until the 15th -- 338 W 23 St.

If you want to see something other than photography, John Evans has got a
retrospective of his collages at the New York Historical society until
March 9. I haven't seen this show yet, but I do love his work (which often
includes photographs in the collages).

(That's 3 Johns in a row, which may be significant.)

Chinese Export porcelain at the Met looks great in their quarterly...
but (checking the paper for an update) what seems an absolute must IMO
would be The Art of Adolf Wolfli, more than 100 works & 1600 collages of
the most famous first insane "outsider" artist, at the American Folk Art
Museum, 45 W. 53.

Sigh,

Enjoy !

Judy