Re: A little OT context; was One Bomb

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 03/04/03-10:30:08 PM Z

Yes, but what do the numbers of dead in Germany or of an invasion that
never happened have to to with the U.S. Government censorship of both
motion picture and still film footage of the effects of our use of
radioactive bombs? The pictures are still, as far as I know,
"classified" by D.O.D. and D.O.E. Barnouw, whom I mentioned in a
what the effect of those 2 bombs were on the people who survived (even
if they only lived for a short while). We should not be allowed to
glimpse inside the "gates of hell," I can only presume that the
government is doing this propaganda (aka "public relation) purposes.

-greg schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>