Re: A little OT context; was One Bomb

ARTHURWG@aol.com
Date: 03/05/03-10:03:16 AM Z

   My question: Did we really need to drop a second bomb-- on Nagasaki?
   And for anyone who would like to review that event, I recommend
"Nagasaki Journey," by Yosuke Yamahata, Pomegranet Artbooks, 1995.
   Yamahata was 28 at the time, and was sent by the Japanese News and
Information Bureau to document the devistation, the day after the blast.
Using his twin-lens reflex, he walked relentlessly from one end of the ruins
to the other and back again, shooting under a "merciless sun." He made 119
images that day, and safe to say, each is easily worth 1,000 words.... This
is a truely remarkable book.

Arthur