Re: Technical Pan - HELP

From: H. Lee Pratt (squnch@cox.net)
Date: 03/10/03-12:49:25 PM Z

Philippe,

I believe you DO want pyro stain for pt/pd printing: the stain
increases the contrast beyond what you can obtain with a non-staining
developer, just what you want. I'm sorry I have no references handy to
cite, but I seem to remember an article in View Camera magazine a while
back that covered this benefit in great detail.

Lee

On Monday, March 10, 2003, at 01:53 AM, Monnoyer Philippe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have the curves for tech pan but I miss experience with this film.
> I want maximum densities of 3.0 (pure Pd work).
> I exposed it at 25 ISO for the shadows area.
>
> If one of you has experience in processing that film to that high
> density of 3.0, AND with all the details in the shadows,
> I would be glad to get the corresponding process info (no pyro here
> because no stain required, thanks).
>
> Thanks,
>
> Philippe

H. Lee Pratt