Re: OT - Best source (lower price) for Rotatrim purchase?

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 03/13/03-08:07:16 PM Z

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, David Jackson wrote:

> :-), is there any way to search out this sort of pricing issue short of
> going to every supplier listed in PF and checking for price individually?
> None of the price comparison sites I am aware of list anything like "art
> supplies".

David, my experience is that no place has the best -- or the worst --
prices all the time on everything, so in a sense you seek the holy grail
of shopping. When I first faced ordering a bunch of chemicals, materials &
equipment about 25 years ago, I carefully compared prices on each one--
and found that some places charged more on one thing and less on another
--surprise ! That's how they stay in business. Sometimes it's a
different grade, or a different volume, and if the item you want is very
pricey -- like the rotatrim -- you do want to shop around. Otherwise, it
may be well to save extra delivery charges and the time, which they aren't
making any more.

As for the Rotatrim -- I have this SECOND HAND, but was told that B& H had
a very good price. Of course there's a wide range of widths in the
rotatrim, and it's entirely possible that one source is cheaper on one
width and more expensive on another. I also found that some sources didn't
carry the widest model. That to me was a difficult choice -- be prepared
for EVERY contingency but have to yield the space, or compromise.
Meanwhile, I got distracted by other issues, also found some materials
that came ready cut -- so put that item on hold.

Let us know what you find, OK?

Judy S.