Re: Gum printing, staining, pigment stain

From: Mary Pat McNally (mcnally@psfc.mit.edu)
Date: 03/18/03-09:39:58 AM Z

I was taught that staining has a great deal to do with the way the
paper is sized. Some pigments are more likely to stain than others.
When I initially began doing gums I had a great deal of trouble with
staining but I experimented with sizing and I haven't had trouble
with staining. Mary Pat McNally