Re: Link to my Alt-Photos

mmatusz@pdq.net
Date: 05/02/03-08:03:21 AM Z

FOr the split tone prints I follow the directions and chemistry as
described by M. Ware. You should get a copy of his excellent article. The
sensitizer consists of sodium tetrachloroaurate, disodium salt of
thiodipropionic acid and ferric ammonium oxalate. My developer of choice
is citric acid. John Rudiak has an excellent practical description on the
preparation of chemistry. You should be able to find it, if not I have a
copy somewhere. I am working on a consistent way of producing red
chrysotypes, but I am not there yet. One thing you will notice that
humidity plays a major role in determining the colour of the print. I am
also experimenting with the chrysotype chemistry without the addition of
the ligand, thiodipropionic acid. It is too early to report on it. Hope
this helps.
Marek