Sun as light source

From: The Painted Horse (paintedhorse@in-tch.com)
Date: 05/05/03-01:55:18 PM Z

Hello.
I realize my question is one that will depend on many variables in order
to get an answer, but I am looking for ballpark figures only to help me
get started. So...
What time frames should I be expecting when using the sun, let's say on
completely sunny days with no overcast, for contact printing gum using
Pot. Di.? I've read that the sun gives faster exposure times as opposed
to using artificial lighting; correct? If this is true I just don't
know how much faster. I live in northwestern Montana so humidity is
low. And I will be shooting for 2, maybe 3, exposures to process the
image fully. Again, I'm just looking for starting points...nothing in
stone. Any recommendations are appreciated. Thank you.

Regards,
Bill-