Re: FLYING WITH SULFITE

From: Bob Kiss (bobkiss@caribsurf.com)
Date: 05/12/03-05:53:58 AM Z

DEAR SHANNON,
    The only reason I carried the Sodium Sulfite in my luggage was to avoid
the overseas (I live in Barbados) shipping costs and delay and the customs
duty and VAT which, in toto, can double or triple the cost of anything.
    When it comes to chemistry the TSA people seem just as concerned about
what you check as what you carry on.
    By all means, have it sent UPS which is pretty reliable and quick. If
you partner doesn't know how to sing and dance it will be either confiscated
or he will be made to send it by mail anyhow from the airport (the option
that was suggested to me if they wouldn't take it on the plane). I don't
know the current situation in the U.S. regarding Sodium Thiosulfate in
UPS...perhaps those with more experience with this on the list can help.
            CHEERS!
                BOB