Re: Palladium - Platinum

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 05/19/03-01:57:29 PM Z

That would seem to make sense. There was an interesting article in the Wall
Street Journal about 6 months ago about Ford Motor company and the huge
stockpile of palladium they had in inventory. Apparently they were afraid of
getting caught 'short' and began buying well in excess of actual current
needs. This apparently was one of the big reasons behind the price run-up in
2001. They had over a billion dollars in palladium inventory at one point,
if my memory is correct. It seemed to me to be a great case of a
self-fulfilling prophecy. They began buying, the price went up as a result
of their pressure on the market, which then stimulated them to buy more as a
hedge, which caused the price to rise more, etc, etc. .Shades of tulip
bulbs!

Clay