Re: Gum negatives w/ Epson 2200

From: Hamish Stewart (hamish.stewart@gumphoto.demon.co.uk)
Date: 05/22/03-02:41:53 PM Z

On 22/5/03 19:43, "stwang1@bellsouth.net" <stwang1@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> For gum, the Plain-Jane Overhead Transparencies (is it politically correct? or
> should I say Plain-
> John?) work well. The ones I used are the Arista OHP film from Freestyle, at
> $18 for a box of 50.
> Printed with black ink only at 1440 dpi, it is perfectly smooth, and the
> density easily tweaked.
>
> Wish it were available in sizes larger than letter. Has anyone found any
> "color plotter" film working
> equally well?
>
> One advantage of these films over Pictorico, other than cost, is the base
> density of .04. It takes
> very little time to expose.
>
> Sam Wang

Interesting what you say Sam, as I have considering using something other
than Pictorico here in the UK, Permajet I recall, which I know others are
using. I suppose I am happy with pictorico and with my lights (Metal Halide)
the exposure times are fast around 1-6 mins, with 2 mins being average.

I am using Lyson quad black inks

Hamish Stewart - Gum Bichromate Photographer - visit
<http://www.gumphoto.fsnet.co.uk>
for gum bichromate images, technical information and links to recommended
resources on alternative photographic processes.
mailto:<hamish.stewart@gumphoto.demon.co.uk>