Re: Contrast Control with Palladium

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 05/26/03-05:16:44 PM Z

Sandy;

Here are some starting points:

These tests were done with 100% palladium with 6 drops metal /6 drops
ferric oxalate and potassium oxalate at 110 degrees on air dried
Platine and exposed for the time necessary to merge steps 2 and 3 and
discern a small difference in step 4 (on my machine 250 nuarc units).
All data were plotted and analyzed with the Phil Davis plotter program

Na2 was diluted to 25% of delivered strength with distilled water and
added in addition to metal / FO load

0 drops NA2@25% ES=1.86, Emin = 2.7
1 drop NA2@25% ES=1.5, Emin = 2.42
2 drops NA2@25% ES=1.24, Emin = 2.04

Shadow speed points (Emax) stayed within 1/3 of a stop of each other

With other developers and papers, your mileage may vary. Obviously,
with larger drop counts, the control in contrast is much finer. This
should give you a jump start.

Clay