Re: How much is a drop?

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 05/27/03-05:00:28 AM Z

Ditto what Kerik said. For your big prints, use ml pipettes and pumps,
or you'll go nuts counting out 45 drops or some other large number each
time. I think drops are mainly useful for doing small prints or test
wedges. Obviously the ratios established in the drop counts for any of
these small tests are easy enough to maintain using real ml when doing
your larger prints.

Re: Jeff B's questions. B and S sell pipettes and pumps, as do Lab
Safety Supply and others. The pipettes you'd probably be interested in
come in 1, 2 and 5ml sizes. Definitely get a pump to go with them. And
always buy more than two pipettes, because due to some unexplained law
of nature, one will break within 2 days of arrival at your door step.

clay
Clay