Re: Back

From: Judy Seigel (jseigel@panix.com)
Date: 05/28/03-05:40:33 PM Z

Hi Sil,

WELCOME BACK !! You were missed -- but not entirely. That is, you were
with us still. It happens that this past Sunday I was reading through
about two years of gum thread from the list (looking for something I
DIDN'T find, which is the only way to find something else -- and I did)...
and there was Sil explaining why it doesn't matter if you decide not to
clear your gum prints. Of course if there's visible stain that's spoiling
your color, you may want to clear, but my question had been, does residual
dichromate deteriorate the print, as so many books claim, or is that
simply another bubba meiser (spelling not guaranteed).

And Sil answered, blessings upon him, since the dichromate has already
oxidized what can be oxidized, no further effect will happen (or that's my
recollection-interpretation of the explanation).... so no need.

Thanks again... and welcome again....

cheers,

Judy