Re: Liver of sulfur?

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 11/01/03-06:31:30 PM Z

On Sat, 1 Nov 2003, Ryuji Suzuki wrote:

> Polytoner is discontinued. It smells just as much as other polysulfide
> based toners.

Polytoner is the only polysulfide based toner I've used, and I found the
odor very slight, whether because of the dilution or absorption by the
bricks in my darkroom I know not.

> As far as I know there is no published formula for
> polytoner though there are some toner formulae that claim to yield
> similar results.

I'm pretty sure I have one somewhere, if it turns up I'll post it.

> This is something users of silver based processes
> should not take lightly, if permanence is a concern.

If permanence is a concern I suggest gum printing which is as permanent as
the paper, assuming the right pigments.

J.