Re: Liver of sulfur?

From: Ryuji Suzuki ^lt;rs@silvergrain.org>
Date: 11/02/03-02:58:59 AM Z

From: Sandy King <sanking@clemson.edu>
Subject: Liver of sulfur?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 23:06:26 -0500

> I was looking at polysulfide toners and they all seem to require
> something called liver of sulfur? What is this and where can I buy it?

By the way, for your application, hypo alum toner might be better
suited. This type of toner has one problem with my processing (it
tends to remove silver from prints, decreasing density unless the bath
is primed with enough silver nitrate) and I don't have much experience
with it. But this may even work to your advantage. Hypo alum toner is
an odorless direct sulfiding toner (no prior bleach required). The
painful part is that it is slow working and requires heating.

--
Ryuji Suzuki
"Reality has always had too many heads." (Bob Dylan, Cold Irons Bound, 1997)