Re: densitometer problem; new Kodak packaging and labelling

From: jpptprnt@verizon.net
Date: 11/05/03-01:39:18 PM Z

Shannon,

The densitometer may be repairable, if the manufacture is still around, the
down side is that they will really charge you for the repairs. I bought a
used Tobias and called to see hou much some parts for it would be. I think
that they want me to become a partner in the company. The good side is that
one of my students is a highend electronics person and said to me. that most
of the parts would cost $30. to $50. fixing was free.

As far as the Tri X issue we are all in the same boat of doing some film
testing again 'I hate film testing' but it has to be done. One of the places
I do things for is planning on having some large film special cut by Kodak and
we want to make sure that we are all on the same page as to the new Tri-X. I
don't need 30,000.00 worth of uselas Tri-X. (More on the big film order to
come later)

So try to find a electronics person. And get the new Tri-X and do some film
testing so I won't have to. My new darkroom is weeks off from being finished.

hope this helps
Jan Pietrzak