Re: Digital camera blues

From: kateb@paradise.net.nz
Date: 11/07/03-10:35:13 PM Z

Quoting Charlotte 1 <cgabrie1@optonline.net>:

> Judy - I don't know much about digital cameras because after months of
> looking into buying one I concluded that scanning a photo would be
> better
> for me.
Just to add my two cents' worth - everything charlotte says is valid,
particularly what she says about noise. I made a complete ass of myself this
year working with a digital (Fuji Finepix) and my night class. Evrything you do
with digital has to be MUCH better exposed than film - there is not much room
for error. The finepix is now a dinosaur after 8 months - we bought it because
it could use the Nikon lenses we already had.It also weighs so much that when i
pick up my canon after it it feels as if something terrible has happened to it -
 like its insides have all fallen out or something. I MUCH prefer to use analog
and scan...and i've been making digital negs for at least 3 years and feel no
need for a digicam at all.