RE: digital camera blues

From: Michael Sinclair ^lt;gruesomegrinch@hotmail.com>
Date: 11/08/03-09:14:14 AM Z

Hi to all,

I also have a G-3. It is a nice camera but the noise issue to which some
others have alluded definitely rears its ugly head: no problem at ISO 50,
but any faster than that can be a problem. According to www.dpreview.com,
even the G-5 has not completely solved this.

It is serious enough that (a) I make every effort to use this camera only at
ISO 50, and (b) like some others on the list, I have returned to scanning
film negs into the computer when I want to make digital negs. This is a
pain, and my solution, as soon as possible, will be to buy a digital SLR, at
which point the swivel monitor becomes moot.

Sorry, Judy, I know this doesn't address your desire for something small and
light.

Michael