Re: Speed Point in PT/PD printing?

From: Jeffrey D. Mathias ^lt;jeffrey.d.mathias@att.net>
Date: 11/10/03-09:18:19 PM Z

Eric Neilsen wrote:
> If you mix B&S powder, or any powder for that matter, the
> best you can hope for is a 25% solution from that powder as the ferric does
> vary from maker to maker and batch to batch. I have seen speed variations
> of +/- 10% when switching batches of ferric powder.

For a way to analyze the FO composition of a powder, check out a study
in my e-guide at:
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/guide/FO_powders.htm

Once the composition is known, a sensitizer solution can be mixed which
can provide consistent results, even when switching powders. Note that
an improper mixture can result in a weak print due to lack of enough metal.

--
Jeffrey D. Mathias
http://home.att.net/~jeffrey.d.mathias/