Re: extremely off topic-Xrays

From: joachim oppenheimer ^lt;joachim2@optonline.net>
Date: 11/20/03-08:26:16 AM Z

Clarification: All records, Xrays included, generated in the management of
patients are the property of the generator of the service. The information
derived from that service, under a variety of federal and state statutes,
is - in most but not all circumstances - accessable to the patient. Under
1996 HIPPA regulations the professional interpretations may be challenged by
the patient but cannot be entirely overwritten. I have not yet figured out
the status of XRays interpreted off-site - such as at a distant or foreign
institution, such as India - but suppose that the primary responsibility
rests with the professional ordering the service. Joachim