Two cyanotypes

From: Loris Medici ^lt;lorism@tnn.net>
Date: 11/22/03-06:57:50 PM Z

A cyanotype with a pretentious(!) title:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1927359&size=lg

A cyanotype with a non-pretentious(!) title:
http://www.photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=1927377&size=lg

What do you think?

Tech. info.:

* Digital negatives printed with an Epson 1160 CIS primed with Piezotone
Selenium carbon pigment inks (Randall RGB partitioning workflow) on
Pictorico OHP.

* Paper: Clairefontaine Etival Watercolor 140lb Cold Pressed (will try the
Grain Fin / Grain Satin version too - both 140lb and 90lb versions)

--- modifications to the standard/classic(?) process:

* 3 parts A solution + 1 part B solution making a total of 20ml sensitizer
(according to Sam Wang - for emulsion speed increase)

* 3 drops of Daler-Rowney Gum Arabic added into sensitizer (according to
Christopher James - see "the Book" / to prevent the emulsion penetrate too
deep into the paper; improving sharpness(?) - I'm using a fluorescent bank
and not much happy with sharpness)

* 4 drops of 10% Potassium Dichromate added into sensitizer (again according
to Christopher James - see "the Book" / to increase the contrast of the
emulsion)

* Exposure stopped at 3 minutes for 3 minutes then restarted (again accoring
to Christopher James - see "the Book" / suggested to the writer by Judy
Seigel for more open shadows)

I think the above list of modifications to the process suits my negatives
and paper very well - I like the results of the above combination. What do
you think? I would like to hear your comments/suggestions...

Regards,
Loris.