Re: Pigments for Tri-Color-Gum?

From: Dave Rose ^lt;cactuscowboy@bresnan.net>
Date: 11/25/03-08:48:34 AM Z

Block X Rose Madder and Block X Yellow are two dry pigments that I've used
for tri-color printing. Here's a link to a vendor:

http://www.pearlpaint.com/paints-pigments--tempera-and-specialty-paints-blockx-dry-pigments.html

Various other pigments will work effectively. Winson Newton's Permanent
Rose is also a good magenta pigment.

If you want accurate color reproduction, I suggest photographing a gray card
and color chart and using that for test prints. Once you attain accurate
color balance, contrast, and density, it's relatively easy to produce
beautiful well-balanced prints, or deviate from 'normal' as you see fit.

Dave Rose
Big Wonderful Wyoming