Re: Integrator on NuArc 26-1K

Ender100@aol.com
Date: 10/11/03-09:44:20 AM Z

Hi Clay,

Yest that is the beauty of the stochastic screen method. If you are doing
multiple printings, similar to full color in the printing industry, then the
printings have to use Line Screen negatives with the linescreen at different
angles to avoid the moire patterns.

Stochastic, due to the random or psuedo random nature of the dots on the
negative avoids this. The trend in the printing industry is towards high
resolution stochastic, direct computer-to-plate printing. Alas, direct to plate
means that our imagesetters may not be around in years to come.

Regarding a related issue, has anyone found a way to diffuse the light from
the NUARC a bit so you don't get hot spots? I'm finding there is a fair
amount of variation in light across the table and would like to find a way to even
that out more...

Mark Nelson