Re: pH meter

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 10/16/03-10:11:35 PM Z

I'm not using one of those "cheapo" $29.95 jobs. I'm using a Fisher
Scientific Accumet Model 955 meter with a 13-620-108 probe. I don't
know what the probe is selling for now but 6 or 7 years ago it was
about $75.00 with our institutional discount. I've owned 2 of these
probes (over the last 15 or so years) and never had one fail. I have
occasionally checked it against a standard probe in a variety of
solutions, including photographic soups of many varieties, and it's
always been dead on.

I was not aware of the problems you've mentioned with gel cell probes
(perhaps the membrane used makes a difference). Could you provide a
reference regarding the problem, I'd really like to read it.

Thanks and best. -greg