Re: Galina's website

From: Eric Nelson (emanmb@yahoo.com)
Date: 10/20/03-09:14:16 PM Z

Hmmm, I thought it was exquisitely done, the dots make
me wonder "what happens when I click here?" some of
the music sooked but u can't please everyone...
Hey, here's a button that says "sound off/on". but I
reloaded the site and the music (to me)
changed/improved as well as quotes at the bottom.

there's a lot of depth to that site w/multitudes of
layers that, like the details in a photograph, beg to
be explored and I just scratched the surface. I
appreciate the unusual interface but best to view
after clearing the cache etc. and prevent lockups. u
can't browse all day and then just wander in there and
hope your browser can handle it...you have to be
"prepared"

sure, some folks prefer simple web site design and
their work mirrors the need for simple presentation.
this work, fits into this presentation, tableau,
_______ (insert whatever artyfarty buzzword u wanna
use.)
sites like this make me envious of those who know how
to work w/flash. they invoke a sense of mystery that
there may be something interesting/weird/cool/gross or
whatever behind the next button.

there's nothing bad or rude about this site at all.
w/high bandwidth connections becoming so commonplace
it's the future of web sites in general to put in as
much content as possible out there and use that to
help create some kind of feeling that
accompanies/compliments the work instead of the
utilitarian variety of plop, plop, here it is.

eric
http://www.eman-photo.com/