Re: Galina's website (dare we criticize?)

From: Dave Rose (cactuscowboy@bresnan.net)
Date: 10/21/03-09:02:47 PM Z

Dear Jon:

After countless troublefree weeks of websurfing, I visit Galina's website.
My computer locks up and the only escape is shutdown and reboot.

If you consider my (or anyone else's) well founded criticism of a
problematic website to be "slamming someone", so be it. You're entitled to
your opinion. I don't agree however. Are you not slamming me for my daring
to voice criticism? Your so-called "genuine respect" works both ways.
Think about it.

I have a great deal of respect for Galina and all of the effort she's
expended in creating her website. She's done a helluva lot more than I've
ever done in the field of web design. It's a real shame that I (and
apparently many others) can't easily view her photographs. Gordon's
comments on web design and its limitations were especially relevant.

AFAIK, this forum exists to provide an open exchange of ideas, differing
opinions, and information. I'm not going to shy away from controversy,
reasonable argument, and spirited discussion because thin-skinned
individuals are quick to take offense, as your comments suggest. You think
it's rough in this forum? Ha Ha... join the real world indeed.

Best regards,
Dave in Wyoming
Here's a link to a small gallery of my alt-photo work:
http://www.alternativephotography.com/dave_rose.html
No flash, no sound, quick downloads. Thank you Malin!