More on framing

From: Robin Dreyer (publications@penland.org)
Date: 10/26/03-12:19:11 PM Z

What about the glass? I never quite know what to do about that. I don't
much like the glare of regular glass. I've framed a few images with
non-glare glass that has a matte finish that scatters the light. It
looks pretty good but just a bit hazy. I've often wondered about the
glass I've heard about that has a coating like the coating on lenses
(now also available for eyeglasses), that's thinner than the wavelength
of light. I recently saw an exhibition of prints by O. Winston Link
which I suspect used this glass. It was not completely free of
reflection, but the reflections were not bright and had a slightly
greenish cast not unlike the reflections on my "antireflection"
eyeglasses. It was really quite nice--very sharp for viewing the image
and no real glare despite a little bit of reflection. I have, however,
heard that this glass is quite expensive.

Any thoughts on this aspect of framing?

Robin