Re: partially hardened gelatine

From: Yu rei (nanocrystals2003@yahoo.co.jp)
Date: 09/10/03-07:27:10 PM Z

 --- Alberto Novo <alnovo@inwind.it> からのメッセ・踉札検?
> Correct.
> What I want is to increase the melting point of a
> swollen gelatine layer up to 50-55 deg C in a
> reproducible way.

How many times will you need to go back and fourth?
I doubt it is possible to obtain a permanently reversible
gelatin. I suspect that at some point it will simply
breakdown.

If your needs are not so demanding I will be glad to do
some tests as this is directly related to certain projects
I am working on.

Can you describe the conditions you will be working under?
Please contact me off list with any additional details you
can provide. Gelatin can behave in different ways
depending upon things such as its type, it's bloom rating,
it's pH, its salt content etc. etc.

Do you have any of this information?

Considering all the variables, the best I can do is
conduct a few tests on a single gelatin for you and make
reccomendations based on those results.

Your milage will probably varry, as the saying goes.
But I think I should do the tests I have slated and then
get back to you.

However, as you know, hardeners often progress slowly over
time. It may be possible to fine tune the hardening
process to right where you want it, but testing how it
will change after say 6 weeks... might take a few weaks!

If no one has a ready made answer, I will start
"experimenting" tonight!

Ray