RE: flying

From: Scott Walker (walker@sympatico.ca)
Date: 09/11/03-01:00:15 PM Z

Although it depends on the Camera that I'm carrying, I now pack all of my
equipment into my luggage. Since I do so much travelling, I have gotten fed
up with lugging. I had a plexiglass shell made for each of the bodies of my
two 35mm cameras that are uncrushable and are lined with closed cell foam
and are only slightly larger than the bodies themselves. The lenses go into
plexiglass tubes two at a time their mounts towards the centre. Foam between
each and foam under a lid on each end. Also uncrushable. These are then
centered in the case without film in them and surrounded by all my clothes.

All luggage has wheels and can be tied together so I am only pulling one
handle.

My only carry-on is film and a tiny pentax point and shoot for those once in
a lifetime shots while I'm separated from my luggage.

You may say it's risky in case of loss, but the value of my pictures far
outweighs the value of my Cameras and i always arrive relaxed because
someone else is slugging around my gear.

Scott.