Re: Words do have meanings Re: "Gum Joy", monoprints, and sizes

From: Clay (wcharmon@wt.net)
Date: 09/13/03-02:27:03 PM Z

One of the great satisfactions for me in doing gumovers is that I
always replace a print with a different looking, and usually, even
better, print. I wouldn't think that calling each print a unique ' 1/1
edition' would be quite kosher, though. I just number the prints in the
order they are made.

I've always thought it would be cool if somebody who wanted a
particular print for display in their house would give me paint chips
from the room they intend to hang it in, and I could try for a
complementary tonality. Hey, you want me to match your sofa? Whaddya
mean it's plaid?

Clay