Re: Copyright

From: Greg Schmitz (gws1@columbia.edu)
Date: 09/21/03-10:39:40 PM Z

Here's my .02. In theory all of this discussion of copyright has some
meaning. In actual practice I doubt if it is of much value to most of
us, at least with regards to what we write here; we don't have a leg
to stand on. The cost, here in The States, to sue for infringement in
Federal Court would easily exceed $10,000 U.S. You might be able to
force a publisher to remove text if you knew it was going to be used
before the publication went to press by threatening to sue; otherwise
you'll probably get a response like, "so sue me." If you live in a
State (here in The U.S.) which allows you to file a civil suit for
theft of intellectual property you might have a chance. The law may
be on your side - but I suspect the ball won't be in your court :*)

-greg schmitz <gws1@columbia.edu>

==== some deleted: snip%<

===== rest deleted: snip%<