Photo Op

From: Robkin, Eugene (erobkin@uwc.edu)
Date: 09/24/03-07:46:24 AM Z

A group from my town is headed to the Medewin Tallgrass Prairie
restoration project east of Chicago on Saturday, Sept 27. These are the
same people who are involved with the transformation of a disused Army
munitions plant here into a public space.

I don't know if the Saturday visit will allow them access to parts of
Medewin that you could not get to otherwise and I don't know just what
stuff is there at Medewin for the photo op.

A few years ago I arranged for a similar opportunity at the army plant
here which led to a lot of photos and a great exhibit. Jamie Young on
this list was part of that as was another local photographer who will be
at Medewin as part of the visit. Our local plant is still army property
and is under security lock down. The Medewin site is not army any
longer and is open.

One advantage you might gain is the contact with the local group and
notice when the local plant is available for visits again. We are around
45 miles north of Madison, Wisconsin. You can check out the local
activities with the plant here at

www.saukprairievision.org

If you are interested contact me off-list and I'll get you what little
further information I have.

Gene Robkin

robkin@baraboo.com

erobkin@uwc.edu