RE: cyanotype II on glass

From: Keith Gerling ^lt;keith@gumphoto.com>
Date: 04/01/04-05:15:11 PM Z

I suppose the easiest thing would be to try the procedure without the alum.
I doubt that the hardener is even necessary given the short amount of time
the gelatin will be in water. I recently tried to put cyano on aluminum,
and also got lousy (but different results). I first sealed the metal with
acrylic varnish, then applied gelatin and chrome alum. Applied the cyano -
it went on OK and dried fine. After exposure I could see a the image, but
it was fainter than my trial run on paper. When I developed, it all
disappeared. Poof. Tested this with an extreme exposure, got an image and
it disappeared in the water. Gave up. But now you've got me thinking:
maybe I should omit the alum...