Re: HP5+ for alternative processes

From: William Laven ^lt;wmlaven@platinotype.com>
Date: 04/02/04-10:29:10 AM Z

Sandy,

How curious that you post this today since over the last few days
I've been reading your articles about Pyrocat and thinking of trying
it with HP5. I'm currently using Rollo Pyro in a Jobo. This if for
Pt/Pd printing.

I've been shooting with HP5 over the last 10 days on a new project in
an abandoned industrial building with varied and difficult lighting
situations. Sometimes its low light/low contrast, other times its
huge contrast ranges (you can imagine: big greasy machine tools in
the dark under large west facing windows in the afternoon).

I don't have a densitometer to measure my negs and haven't made any
prints yet, but will in the next week or so. I'm also struggling to
nail down the reciprocity characteristics of the film and need to
start using more pre-exposure.

In all, my experience with it is relatively new, but I need to get on
a fast learning curve fast!

And I'll let you know what happens. I'd also be interested in hearing
what you find out with the film.