Re: Canson Fontenay

From: Jean Daubas ^lt;j.daubas.photo@free.fr>
Date: 04/05/04-04:49:58 PM Z

Canson Fontene(a)yHi Judy !

The Canson "Fontenay" watercolour paper is a paper which I love to use for Alt processes. I have printed gums, argyrotypes and cyanotypes on it with very good results for the last 2 years.
I appreciate 2 advantages of this paper :
- it needs not to be sized
- i may choose between its 2 surface textures on the same sheet ! This paper has 2 different faces, one with a larger grain, the other with a fine grain.

I do not know where it is distributed in north America but i am quite certain you will easily find : the old French paper manufacturer Canson has been integrated by Arjomari some years ago and after has become part of the International Arjo-wiggins group which is present in USA.

To help you, I suggest you have a look at the Fontenay Papers page, in English, since I remember from our e-mail correspondence at the time of late Post Factory journal that you were not very much comfortable with French language ;-)
http://www.canson.fr/Distributeurs/ficheProduit.php?lng=en&num=43

I also suggest to everybody to look at the whole Canson web-site where you will find plenty of info and ideas about all Canson papers in the fields of fine arts (Arches, montval, and plenty of others special manufactured papers) or quality papers for inkjet printers , etc.
In English :
http://www.canson.fr/EN/

Hope it helps,
cheers from france,