Re: Welcome aboard, Roger Hicks

From: Judy Seigel ^lt;jseigel@panix.com>
Date: 04/11/04-04:20:00 PM Z

On Sun, 11 Apr 2004, John wrote:

> At 02:50 PM 4/7/2004 -0400, Judy Seigel wrote:
>
> >John, does Roger Hicks think we've heard of him? Will it break his heart
> >to learn we haven't?
>
> LOL ! I doubt it ! He's made more in photography than 99.9% of
> this group !

If the criterion is money, I doubt Roger Hicks makes the top 1000 -- but a
friend has sent me a copy of his article, and I enjoy his portrait (which
would look good on a t-shirt). However, in this effort at least he is
clearly poster boy for "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing."

For instance, he says, "The only way to get tolerable quality out of gum
bichromate is by multiple printing," revealing that he's never seen a
Demachy, maybe even never heard of him -- let alone read him on gum
printing. Or Puyo either, among various others in various countries at
various times, right down to this very day (not to mention yours truely).

He also complains about folks who won't share their "secret process."
Where did he dig them up? He may move with a very strange lot -- IME
folks are DYING to cxplain their process... filling the ether with
websites and e-mail exchanges...

So, anyway, what does he make his money at? Tell us more...

Judy