Cranes was Re: Van Dyke Problems & Argyrotype paper

From: STUART GOLDSTEIN ^lt;email_stuart@yahoo.com>
Date: 04/13/04-05:36:22 AM Z

I've used Cranes in the past and I agree that the
paper is "thin" as Rob said. I assume, probably
incorrectly, that he means the paper's wet strength.

To overcome this problem (wet strength), I've used a
plastic wire mesh as a support during the processing
and then hang the print in the mesh in a cradle like
fashion until the wet strength is sufficient to hang
it by a clothespin.

It'a a way of working with the Crane's paper (90#
cover). I know that there are "better" paper choices
out there. YMMV.

In addition to being able to order Cranes on line,
they also have an 800# to order/contact them. I've
spoken to their "technical" people when I've had a
question about the paper or a problem. Great customer
support. May not be a reason to use the paper (or
convince anyone to use it), but it's one reason to
consider it.

Stuart

Snipped....

> > Also, what I like about Cranes Cover is the big
> 23X29 sheets that can
> > be ordered direct from their website and does not
> have any watermark.
> > For about $.25 I can have 11.5 X 14.5 inch paper.
> cheap!
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > Darryl

Snipped....